Luis Fernando Chavarro
Luis Fernando Chavarro is one of the farmers who is part of a quality programme between Coocentral and Nordic Approach since 2012, he have actively increased his quality and production with technical assistance from the Coop. His farm is located at 1800 meters in Tarqui. Cherries are handpicked by the farmers. After fermentation (20 to 25 hours), the coffee is washed and floaters and damaged cherries are separated. The coffees are rinsed in clean water before being sent to the parabolic dryers.
Fruity, sweet, delicate and bright with jammy finish.
|Linea PB (9 bars & 250 ml/30s) - VST 18 gr. - Mythos One - Bestmax Premium|
- ORIGIN : Nariño, Colombia
- ALTITUDE : 1800 - 2100 masl
- HARVEST : 2016
- PICKING : Coffees are picked in 3-4 passes. Meaning the producers/workers pick the ripe cherries in one block. Then they might wait a few weeks until it’s again a descent amount of ripe cherries to pick in that same place. Generally, the first and last pass is of lower quality, and the second and third will be considered as the best, with more ripe cherries and uniform quality.
- PROCESS : Fully washed. After fermentation (20 to 25 hours), the coffee is washed and floaters and damaged cherries are separated. The coffees are rinsed in clean water before being sent to the parabolic dryers.
- CULTIVAR : Caturra
- HUMIDTY : 11.8 %
- GREEN COUNT : 3660 beans/L
- GREEN DENSITY : 667.4 g/L
- ROASTED DENSITY : 394.0 g/L