This specific coffee is from a private wetmill in the local community of Dumerso in Yirgacheffe. This part of Ethiopia is known for it’s clean, foral and juicy washed coffees and “high quality” sundried with genuine and unique fruit and berry flavors. There are mainly small family plots of both recently planted trees of improved varietals and traditional old varieties.
Violet, black tea, lime, complex structure.
|16 gr.||255 gr.||2:45||94º|
|V60 01 - filters VCF-01-100W - EK 43 Coffee Burrs - Bestmax Premium|
- >LOCATION : Gedeo, Yirgacheffe, Ethiopia
- ALTITUDE : 1850 - 2100 masl
- HARVEST : Nov – Dec 2015
- PRODUCER : Mr. Sorafi
- FARMERS : About 700 smallholders in the surrounding areas as well as remote farmers.
- PROCESS : Cherries are hand sorted for unripe and overripe berries by the farmers before they go into production. A Penagos Eco Pulper removes the skin, pulp and mucilage. The cherries are then soaked in concrete tanks under clean water for about 8 hours.
- DRYING : Sorted under shade for about 6 hours after soaking. Sun dried about 10 days on African drying beds and hessian cloths. Coffees are covered in plastic or shade nets during midday and night.
- SOIL : Volcanic deposits, rich in minerals and nitrogen.
- CULTIVARS : Ethiopian Heirloom. Improved cultivars and native coffee of forest origin.
- MOISTURE CONTENT : 10.5 %
- DENSITY GREEN : 659.0 g/L